I’ve traveled around and have gotten to call many cities my city. But my birth city is good ol Kansas City, Missouri. I spent many a summer here with family and friends.
My self appointed home city is Omaha, Nebraska. Home of my Cornhuskers!!!!!!🌽 I spent most of my life in the city of Omaha.
There’s a special place in my heart for Omaha. I’ve lived in Bellevue and Plattsmouth, Ne but Omaha is where I have my gratitude for. I learned ballet in that city. It opened my eyes to the beauty of the Arts.
But like all cities my city has it problems. Problems that I’m not going to focus on right now. Because there will always be problems. We need more solutions.
I made a list of things I’d like to see in not just my city but in all cites.
- Not more police protection but better police protection.
- Education that is great for all districts. Education that is advancing as the world advances
- Affordable housing for all economic groups
- Healthy foods in all areas of the city
- Clean water for every living creature
- Volunteer workers for after school programs
- Jobs for all areas
- Transportation that reaches everywhere. Every city should be connected
Child predator awareness taught in daycare, schools and churches ( I’m tired of folks raping children and nobody is saying anything)
Okay I’m getting off my soapbox but I hope if enough of us demand more from our cities. Then more of us will be living in cities that we are proud of.
C. L Cunningham